Welcome to the February 2021 Art Gallery Blog Hop featuring the Art Gallery Bundle! This is a new endeavor for our team and this is our first Blog Hop! We will have more team members participating in the future. This will give you more of a flavor of the styles of cardmaking on this team. The theme is the Art Gallery Bundle. Get some awesome ideas to create, case or share.
- Start with a piece of Poppy Parade cut 4.25″ x 11, score and fold the card base at 5.5″.
- On one side cut off 2″ from the fold.
- Take the piece you cut from the base and cut in half. So now you have pieces measuring 1.75″ x 4.25″, Take one of the pieces and put in in your scraps. We are only using one of the pieces.
- Now take out your Golden Garden Designer Specialty Acetate and look for this sheet.
- Look for this flower which is from the top 4.5″ down and 3.25″ from the left.
- From the left cut 2″ off.
- Then measure 4.25″ and cut on right.
- From the top cut off 3.25″ so you can adjust on the card if you need to.
- Now cut the piece so it measures a total length of 4.5″ also so you can adjust if you need to.
- For front of the card Layer, cut the Fine Art Floral 1 7/8″ x 4 1/8″ for the top and snail. Then cut 1 5/8″ x 4 1/8″ for the bottom piece of Poppy Parade and also snail.
- Snail the top flap on the inside of the card on the edge. Line up the acetate piece so the top petal of the flower is almost at the top.
- Close card so you can place the bottom piece exactly in line with the card length. Snail the back of the bottom flap.
- For the sentiment die cut out Just want to say three times. Then layer them together using the Stampin Up fine tip glue.
- To finish up the back flaps cut two pieces of Poppy Parade 4.25″ x 1.75″ for the bottom and 4.25″ x 1 7/8″ for the top. The top piece is cut a bit narrow so the card can fold. So line up from the acetate up to the fold.
- Cut your base white paper 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and snail inside card.
- Stamp the sentiment in the card using Poppy Parade.
- Take another piece of Basic White paper and stamp flowers and stem. The large flower base is stamped in Bumblebee and its layer is in Poppy Parade. The small flower base is stamped in Poppy Parade and the layer is in Bumblebee. As for the stem it is stamped in Garden Green. A good tip is to not stamp them so close together so you can die cut them easily. Also use a stamping pad to get the best results.
- Now die cut all pieces. Remember to put two piece of tape on the die so it doesn’t shift when you cut them.
- Next you need to snail the back of the large flower. Then open the card and line up the cut against the acetate flower image, hold it and then close the card. The rest is simple. Lift the bottom of the large flower and tuck the top of the stem underneath. Then snail the three small flowers to the bottom of the card. That’s it!.
Here is what others on the team did with the Art Gallery Bundle
You can visit their blogs by clicking on their names below.